- Eco-development programme
- Environment Education Programme
- Environment Monitoring cell
- Solid Waste Management
- Environmental Information Dissemination
- Prevention and Control of Pollution
- Multi-Disciplinary Scientific Study of Catchment Area of Major Basins
- Information Technology (IT)
- Natural Resource
- Environment Impact Studies
- GIS Applications/Techniques/Tools/Training
- Ecology and Environment
- Environmental Research and Developmental Programme
- Environment Planning & Management
- Climate Change
- Management and Conservation of Waterbodies
- Cultural and Traditional Ecology
- Direction and Administration
- Ongoing CSS Schemes
On Going Schemes
Environment Monitoring Cell
Environmental monitoring describes the processes and activities that need to take place to characterize and monitor the quality of the environment. Environmental monitoring is used in the preparation of environmental impact assessments, as well as in many circumstances in which human activities carry a risk of harmful effects on the natural environment.
Conservation, monitoring & research on wetlands & river system of Manipur are being the major ongoing activities for which it aims to maintain a baseline environmental information system on quality of water resources, specially lakes, wetlands & rivers of Manipur. Action plan on some of the major rivers & wetlands of Manipur along with its pre-feasibility report has also been prepared.
Moreover, the existing Environment Monitoring Research & Development Laboratory of this Directorate is one of the leading, well equipped and a referral laboratory in the state.
Some of the major activities and continuing works of the laboratory are :
- technical monitoring, research & development works on state of environment
- creation of baseline environment data bank of the state;
- Quality Monitoring of Wetland & its Ecosystem
- Quality Monitoring of major rivers & its Ecosystem
- extension of laboratory facilities & facilitating of environmental data / information to the governmental organizations during preparation of DPRs;
- conducted case studies on environmental issues like sudden decease of oxygen at rivers, lakes, etc.